Friday 5 February 2010

Film Poster research

For a couple of weeks now, I have undertaken thourough film Poster research; I have been looking at the internet which has become a valuable resource for my research, I looked at google images and IMP awards; this has given me confidence into making a compelling film poster:

To produce a successful film poster:

>It should have the main focus being emphasised on the image which stands out on the poster.

> include the following: actors, producers, directors, production companies, distribution companies, photgraphers, music producers, film name and release date (I must add that not all of the film posters I looked at had all the above e.g. sequels to Big Blockbuster films, this is because many people will know most of the information prior to the release, the selling point in this case would be the image)

> The theme of the poster reflects the title of the film

>The font should also reflect the theme of the film

> Many new films had quotations from critics or newspapers, this was done to entice skeptical or potential customer to go to the cinema to watch their films.

Thank you for reading. Please leave comments

0 comments: